Around 1200 construction of the original romanic castle (moat 16 m deep, square circumference wall, protective wall, gate and keep) Around 1300 the gothic Great Hall was built, the romanic keep was replaced by the more slender ‚Witches Tower‘. The hillside of the castle was strengthendeds by additional outwork an walls. In the middle of the 14th century an around 1400 extension of the upper and lower front part of the castle. From 1538 – 86 the renaissance Great hall was added.
In 2021 there is as restaurant and a hotel in the castle